Sunday, November 1, 2009

American Doll!!



When I was a kid, I LOVED the American Doll books! I read them all, Molly, Felicity, Kirsten, Addy and Samantha (she was my favorite.) Anyways, when I found out there were dolls I wanted one soo bad. I loved getting the magazines. NOw Hallie loves getting them. She's not old enough to enjoy the books yet.

The weekend of the 23rd, Amy Greene, a good friend of the family, Invited us to come down to visit her in Atlanta, for the weekend. We always have so much fun spending time with her and her family. She called me up the day I was to leave, to ask if I would want to take Hallie to the American Girl Store. I said, "Are you kidding me?!?!" I didn't know there was one in Atlanta, I thought the closest one was in Chicago! So that weekend we got to go get Hallie a doll.

I, oops..I mean Hallie, was in Heaven.

Here she is on the way.


Ready to go in.




We wanted a "Just Like You doll" You can pick a doll that has, the same hair, eyes, skin as your little girl, but we ended up finding an American Doll that looked just like Hallie, she's new, her name is Rebecca, she replaced Samantha (yes they got rid of Samantha..I was devastated ;) They have everything for these dolls, beds, houses, shoes, any outfit you can think of..strollers etc.



Then we went and had lunch in the American Doll Bistro! IT was adorable.



They brought out a little chair just for Hallie's doll.


Then they brought Owen a doll that looked just like him so he woudn't feel left out...so cute!! They also brought the little dolls their own little plate with tiny little muffins.


Here we are.


And this is Amy!


Amy bought Hallie the doll because it is her 4th Birthday coming up, so they sang her Happy Birthday, The lady in the picture had a BEAUTIFUL voice!


AFter lunch we took Hallie's new doll to get her ears peirced and to get her hair done in the American Girl Salon.


Amy bought Hallie and Rebecca matching Pajama's..aren't they cute?

She has sponge curlers in her hair b/c she was Shirley Temple for Halloween, so we needed some tight little ringlets in her hair.
We had so much fun at the American Doll Boutique & Bistro, Thank you Amy for taking us!

9 comments:

Jenny said...

How FUN!!! What a great friend and what great memories for you and your kids!!

Janel said...

Amy is sooo nice! What a fun day for you all. Brooklynn has the same dress Hallie has, and the same bow (hmmm I wonder who made the bow:)). Hallie must have that it was the best day of her life!!!That's every little girls dream.

Rebekah Sacran said...

How fun! I loved the American girl dolls. I have Felicity and some day when the girls are older I'll let them play with her. I cannot believe there is no more Samantha! How can they do away with one of the originals?!!!

Dana Scarbrough said...

these pajamas are some of the most adorable things I've ever seen!

One Happy Family said...

Eww la la!!! Oh my what an extravagant adventure (for both of you girls). Hallie looks adorable in the last picture. So cute! Where is your doll Bonny? Amy, by the way, you're looking good!!!

One Happy Family said...

P.S. It looks like Hallie has on one of those cute hats. Did you end up splurging?

Nashville Stolle said...

I just found your blog- and got lost on the fashion websites. If I had money shabby apple would be my friend!

Hallie is sooo cute!

Jenny said...

I was thinking the same thing Karie!!

Chad & Bonny Day said...

No, I didn't buy the $28 hat :) My friend was selling the one Hallie had on for $6 and I just add bows that I have made to it.