Monday, August 29, 2011

Preschool and Scary stuff again...oh and an update!

So first of all, I decided not to put Owen into preschool and I am going to teach him myself. I have started writing my lesson plans and I have found tons of fun crafts and activities but I'm having trouble figuring out how to teach him the lessons and what curriculum to teach...do any of you have any ideas, websites, books etc. that you go to?

Second of all, I had another one of those attacks (you can read about it HERE and HERE).

I had another one since that first one, 2 Decembers ago. I was watching Top Chef when it happened.. It was just as terrifying as the first, maybe even worse because I was completely panicking-probably making it worse. I told Chad I just wanted to die during it. I wasn't being a drama queen, I really wanted to, it hurt that bad.

This last one woke me up in the middle of the night. I knew it was about to happen, I went and got some cold water (it helps) and woke Chad up, I tried very hard not to panic and just focused on my breathing. That is all I could do. It is physically soo painful and mentally exhausting because you don't know when it is going to stop and you have to keep fighting not to panic. I prayed and prayed and prayed.. it went away after 30 mins or so (my hands were completely stiff and I was unable to move them again). After it subsided, I was soo relieved, only to have another one, which lasted another 30 mins. It wasn't as intense as the first but just as stressful. I was proud of myself because I stayed calm the entire time, which helped I think.

Today, I have just felt soo sad. I just don't understand why this happens to me. I'm pretty sure it's a panic attack from what I've read, which completely blows my mind, Because- I'm not an anxious person, I'm not a stressed person, I'm a happy person, I love life and I think I deal with my emotions well. I just DON'T ever want it to happen again, but I can't figure out what triggers it. Nothing was going on out of the ordinary yesterday (just like the last two). I'm just really confused about it.

Anyways, thought I'd share with you what's been going on. Other than that..life here is great! GA is growing on me. Hallie is LOVING school. Owen has made a new best friend (he talks about him non-stop). Knox is getting soo big and brings me soo much joy. Chad is loving his job! He's going to school to get his masters (he should finish in a year). And will continue on and get his PHD after that. He is also teaching at the University and loves it!

I feel bad because I used to post 10 times/month. Now, it's maybe 1 or 2 times/month. I need to get better at it again.

11 comments:

Meghan said...

What a scary thing to happen! I get panic attacks- and I am a very stressed/anxious person. So weird it happens to you.

I can't help with preschool, that's not my thing.

So glad things are going so well for y'all down there!

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Meghan do your panic attacks feel the same way as mine do? What happens when you get yours?

Brittany said...

Scary!! I haate that those things happen to you and especially that you don't know why. I love you!

Dana Scarbrough said...

I am in the same process actually for this school year. We planned on doing a joy school co-op but last minute another family got a job out of state. major bummer. let me know if you find any good materials or sites, and I'll do the same! I only know of a few and have some materials gathered too, but lesson plans are not together enough yet, so hopefully we'll be starting next Monday!

claireb said...

Bonny, get a second opinion. Really. I don't see why a panic attack would wake you up from your sleep. Get a second opinion. That's why there are multiple doctors in the world. Do it.

Unknown said...

I agree--you should get a second (or third) opinion! My mom suffered from panic attacks for years and she was never in THAT much physical pain. It was definitely a psychological thing and what you are describing is very physical. I'm so sorry it happened again! :(

Rebekah Sacran said...

Sounds so scary!

I would see if the is a homeschool group in your area and I bet they have a chat group. I would ask them for suggestions for Owen. I really recommend Handwriting without tears and Math U See. And for reading you can't beat Teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons. It's tried and true.

Rebekah Sacran said...

I meant RightStart math.

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Thanks Everyone for the comments. If I have another attack anytime soon, I will go to the Doctor for a second opinion for sure!

Also thanks for the suggestions for pre-school, this really, really helps!

Candice said...

Sorry you are having panic attacks! How terrible!! I agree with everyone else that you should go to the doctor. I hate that you're suffering!! Hugs! But I'm happy that you are enjoying GA! Yay!

benjaminnleslie said...

I'm so sorry about the strange attacks! I agree about the 2nd or 3rd opinions!

I am doing preschool with Kaylee this year at home too. We do participate in a homeschool coop that meets once a week for 4 classes, but on our own we're doing Math U See-Primer, How to Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons (you can get it from Walmart.com) and we're also doing Discovering God's World from A Beka (it's kind of a science)