Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Scary!!

So yesterday started out like any other day. I went and worked out at the Y. My mom and I went to Target to get stuff for her Valentines party for the kids. We went home, the kids took naps, I cleaned. At around 1:55. We left for the Party at my Moms house. I called Brittany to ask her how to put a video on a blog, we were laughing, and joking around. As I got on the interstate, I felt like I had heart burn, I thought, "Dang, I should have taken a Tum, Oh well." But as I was talking and driving, the pressure got worse and worse. I had to get off the phone with Britt b/c it was all I could think about. As I was getting of the exit, it turned into more of a sharp pain along with more pressure, I started crying, Hallie said, what's wrong Mommy?" and I said, "My heart hurts baby, she said, "Is your heart broken Mommy?" At this point we were turning onto my parents street. By the time we got to the drive way this was about 2:10, I could barely breathe, my chest felt like someone was squeezing it as hard as they could and it I felt a stabbing pain. I called the house, my dad answered and I told him to come outside. He came outside, by then both my arms had fallen asleep, the pain had gotten worse. I was terrified, I just wanted the pain to stop, I honestly thought I was having a heart attack. I asked my dad to give me a blessing, he did. My Mom helped me to the car, then my dad made me take some aspirin and took then he took me to the hospital. We got there around 2:30. The pressure and pain had started to go away. I was soaking wet from sweat and not very coherent. They took me back several of the nurses thought that it was my gall bladder. They did an EKG, it was normal (Thank goodness). (they did this because I had another attack while I was waiting). They did an X-Ray, it was normal. They took a Urine Sample, it was Normal. 4 hours later, They sent me home, with NO answers!! I have to get a stress test done this week. I am just so frustrated! This was unbearable pain, and I'm terrified of it happening again. I just don't understand how something so horrible and painful can happen for no reason at all. I'm going to the doctor today, Maybe he can figure out what happened to me. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh my- that is scary!! I freak out too easily and worry too much- I'd be a mess. I've never had this happen. Keep us updated.

Linda A. said...

How Scary! I hope they find out what it going on and that it won't happen again!

P.S. Is it okay if I blog stalk you? I figured since we did live together it would be okay :) You have such an adorable family!

Joanna said...

Very cute blog! I am so sorry this happened to you! I had something kind of similar. It just happened once though. And I took some sort of heartburn medication - a pill of some sort. About a half hour later I started to feel better. But your experience sounds more intense than mine. I hope the Dr's can find something so it can get better! That is WAY scary!

Rebekah Sacran said...

WoW! I've never had anything like that happen but my friend, Susanna has. I'm not sure if they ever found out what it was with her either. Keep us informed. We'll be praying for you.