Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Few of my Favorite things!

Favorite Snack:
This Salsa from Sam's
(It's actually not this exact salsa it's the same brand and container, but it's not as chunky)

WITH these Chips
YUUUMMMMM!!!

Favorite dessert:
This Icecream Cake Batter

With this mixed in:

Or this on top:

YUM!

Don't worry this post isn't all about food..although, believe me, I could make a post of it's own, JUST about my favorite foods.


New Favorite Website:
Pinterest
I could spend forever on this site!


New Favorite Lipstick: red

I've always wanted to wear red lipstick, but I've always thought I was way too pale to wear it. But I read this blog post: HERE and it gave me the courage to buy some. It took me about a month and I wore it to church one sunday. I felt foolish the whole time. The second time I wore it, I felt a little better..now I don't care at all, I love it and I'm going to wear it!

Okay, I do care...what do you think??

Favorite Earrings:
When I was younger my Great Grandmother gave me some red rose earrings and I absolutely LOVED them, I was devastated when I lost one of them (I still have the one I didn't lose). I was soo excited when I found these:

The red ones are from Forever 21 and the pink and aqua are from a coffee shop in Cookeville called Poets.

New favorite store:
H&M


I just went shopping there for the first time a few weeks ago, I LOVED it, there were tons of cute clothes and the prices were surprisingly reasonable. For me and my kids! Here is one of the outfits I got Hallie.

Favorite Go-to Recipe Website: Okay I can't pick a favorite but here are my 3 favorites along with a recipe I've enjoyed from each..

My sister's of Course:
www.brittsapron.blogspot.com
Slow Cooker French Dip
(It's hard to pick just one from each site)


Mel's Kitchen Cafe
Coconut Chicken Curry
This was soo different from anything I had ever made before..at first I wasn't sure about it, but the more I ate it the more I loved it! SHe also has a step by step bagel recipe that is GREAT!


and....my new favorite recipe site: So new in fact I haven't made anything from it but..


http://foodgawker.com/


Tonight I'm making this:
Lasagna Soup


New favorite show: Suits
It is soo funny and the characters are well..let's just say, easy on the eyes..

New Favorite Movie: The Help
I laughed, I cried, I giggled, I smiled, I cried, I frowned and cried some more. SOO GOOD!

Favorite Holiday: Christmas

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Favorite Baby:
This little guy right here!


Favorite Book Right Now: Hard Times and Holy Places by Kris Belcher
The other day when I posted about my "attack" I was really depressed. I just didn't understand WHY it was happening to me. After reading this book, about a woman who has struggled her whole life with eye cancer, I really do not have any reason to complain. My life is pretty perfect. I can handle this pain once/year or so..I have soo much to be grateful for!

8 comments:

Brittany said...

Fun!!! I loved it all! Oh and thanks for featuring me ;) So fun, you should do these all the time!

Laura said...

I think I might have to copy this myself on my lollyblog. i am soooo with you on the salsa. i was just at sam's today debating whether to splurge or not, because it is a splurge when it only last a week! i've set up an acount with pinterest but trying to control my wants so i haven't posted anything just yet.

Lindsey said...

fun post to read!

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Thanks Ya'll! Laura: Go for it, I would love reading about your favorite things!

benjaminnleslie said...

Oh I think this was so fun to read and learn what you are into! :o) Benjamin and I watch Suits every week too and love it! I think the red lipstick looks pretty on you by the way.

Joni and John said...

This was one of the funnest blogposts I have read in a LONG time! thank you! Oh and I want to try EACH of the recipes you posted!Salt Lake is getting an H&M, but of course I am moving to the middle of nowhere so I won't get to shop there:( And I think you may have given me the courage to try red lipstick- and by the way- you totally rock it:)

Candice said...

Cute post Bonny!! I want to go get that ice cream. If Chris wasn't out of town and my babies weren't in bed I would run right now and go get it!! I love the red lipstick on you. And I love Pinterest too!! Oh and I lovved The Help too. :)

One Happy Family said...

The Help was a great movie. I cried and laughed too! You mentioned that book to me and someone to church brought it over for me to borrow the next week. I read it in one night. It was inspiring, and a bit depressive. I was feeling horrible when I read it and I kept reading more horrible things so that's why I took that view. It was a good book though.
So you live near an H&M? Jealous! I shopped there in NYC and always wish we had one here somewhere. Their prices are great. Knox is pretty cute getting ready for his bath. And finally, your new hairdo looks perdy! :)