Sunday, September 5, 2010

A-MAAA-ZING!!!


I found a delicious recipe! I thought I'd share it with ya'll. Yummy.

Chicken Florentine Casserole

Ingredients

* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
* 1/4 cup butter
* 3 teaspoons minced garlic
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
* 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (I didn't use this much)
* 1/2 cup half-and-half
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 (13.5 ounce) cans spinach, drained (I used fresh spinach, because it's way better)
* 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 2/3 cup real bacon bits (or you can cook up some bacon and chop it up)
* 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Sautee the mushrooms and spinach in a little butter. Place in the bottom of the 9x9 pan.
3. Melt 1/4 cup butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stirring constantly, mix in the garlic, lemon juice, cream of mushroom soup, Italian seasoning, half-and-half, and Parmesan cheese.
4. Pour some of the mixture over the spinach & mushrooms, place the chicken on top, and then pour the rest of the mixture over the chicken. Top with bacon.
5. Place in oven for 30 minutes, top with mozzerella cheese and bake for another 10 minutes.
6. Serve over fettuccine or bow tie pasta. YUM!!

Here's how mine turned out..


I told Chad that it tasted almost like the Pasta Milano at Macaroni Grill but without the sundried tomatoes..a few days later my sister, Brittany, made it and her husband said the same thing. Let me know if you make it, and then tell me what you think!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks so yummy! I think I will make it tomorrow! I would love if it tasted lke pasta milano. That is my most favorite dish. I would just add the sundried tomatoes! They are so yummy!

Rebekah Sacran said...

It look super yummy. May I have some right now, please?

Diane said...

We had this last night. So good!!!!!! Thanks for the recipe. I think next time I'll reduce the butter and add more milk to make it creamier. I felt almost guilty eating it.