Thursday, March 5, 2009

Birthday, Bedspread, Haircuts and Babysitting


So, yesterday we celebrated Chad's 26th Birthday. I went to lunch with him after he got off work, we went and had sushi with some of his friends. This was my 3rd time having sushi, and I actually liked it this time. Then he went home and I went to my parents so he could take a nap (he wakes up at 4am every morning so I wanted him to be able to take a nap on his birthday). He didn't get much sleep though, b/c people kept calling him to wish him a Happy Birthday. I came home and I was going to have a surprise birthday party for him, but that didn't end up working out. We had a small get together anyways, I think he had a fun Birthday. Happy Birthday Chad!! Love you!!

This is a picture of his decorations:


Owen had been eating a sucker and everytime he went to pick up a Balloont to throw it, it would stick to his hands and then he got the balloon stuck to his face.


Here is my Bedroom, I haven't been able to get pics for the frames yet, and Chad still needs to screw the headboard into place on the bed. I was wondering though, this room was already this color when we moved in, what do you think about the color of the walls with this bedspread? Is it too much green? If so, what color should I repaint the room? Here is the post of the before pic, its the very last pic on the post http://chadandbonnyday.blogspot.com/2008/10/new-house.html






Owen got his first haircut last saturday!! I was sooo nervous! I was worried that he would scream the whole time and that he wouldn't let them get near him. He was actually really good and the lady that cut his hair was really good with him. I really miss his blonde, baby hair but he looks cute with his new haircut. Now that I've watched the lady cut his hair, I think I will be able to do it from now on. I tried to take several pictures of his new haircut, he would smile and look at the camera and right when the picture took he would look away, ugh! I need a camera that takes a picture right when I click the button. Anyone know of any cameras that actually do that? Here are a few of my several attempts to take a picture of his haircut!!






Before and After:



(there was one little piece of hair that just wouldn't go down..oh well)

I went with Chad to chaperone a church youth dance. It was so fun I felt so old though. Leah watched our kids, we got home and it was so quiet, I went into Owen's room and this is what I found:



So cute!!!

6 comments:

Rebekah Sacran said...

That last picture is so heart-warming. I like your bed and room together. In the pictures it doesn't look like too much.

Happy Birthday Chad!!

One Happy Family said...

The bedspread looks great! I think the room looks nice. I also have frames with no pictures. Cute picture of Leah with the kids. It's kind of funny to think that Leah is babysitting. THAT should make you feel old.

Brittany said...

Happy birthday Chad! I wish I could've been there to help celebrate. I love your bedroom! The bedspread is adorable. I think the green looks good, but I think I'd have to see it in person. I thought Owen has already had a haircut, are you just not counting trims? Or is that the 1st haircutting of any kind for Owie? The picture of the kids asleep is so dang cute! I'm glad you got a picture of it. Cute!

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Thanks for your comments everyone! Yes it does make me feel old haha! I have trimmed Owen's hair several times, this was his first real all over haircut. His hair was actually VERY long! The lady kept laughing about it.

Dana Scarbrough said...

Bonny! Your kids are adorable, and I can't believe how big they are! I think your room is cute, and not too much color- its a mild color, so its not overwhelming to look at with the bedding. I'm so sorry about your problem! Hopefully you can figure out what happened- have some answers and solutions! I know how crazy our bodies can get once we have kids!!!

Joanna said...

I like the room color. Your bedspread has lots of white in it to, so I don't think there is too much green. I really like it! Very cute haircut too!