Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Love Letters & Sleeping on the Couch

Long Distance relationships are hard..even when you're married. It adds a lot of stress. Chad and I get along really well. We have lots of fun together and talk about everything. But there are times when we get into STUPID fights. You know the ones, when you're both tired, stressed and cranky, you fight over , well, nothing. We got into one last night..over the dumbest thing..well to make a long and boring story short..I was so mad I slept on the couch.

It's not very smart to threaten to sleep on the couch..really it isn't. I did b/c I just knew he would come out to me and apologize and say come to bed and everything would be okay. But he never did, so I was stuck on the couch awake all night, wishing I had never threatened to sleep on the couch.STUPID STUPID STUPID. My pride got in the way of a good night sleep...and Chad didn't want to play my game. Smart guy.

Even though I know Chad loves me and I know he always will..I still need that reassurance..I think it's because he's gone alot and talking on the phone just isn't going to cut it. I think we need more..I think we should start writing letters to each other. I LOVE get letters in the mail. It's the best.

Anyways, this one is for Chad..I love you.. I know I was wrong last night and...well..Please forgive me. Will you join me in writing love letters while you're gone...the old fashioned way?

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Haha you are so funny. I'm excited to hear all about your old fashioned love letters. Oh and good luck w/ getting that kind of b-day party. I do love the colors!

Janel said...

Hey Bon! A lot of my friends want to order bows from you I am going to send them to your website. By the way did you make the big pink one in Hallies hair?

Unknown said...

I love this post because you totally just described my life!!! LOL. except I'll just curl up in the fetal position in bed and won't touch Joel until he first apologizes and then tells me how much he loves me. Come on, men! We love reassurance!!

One Happy Family said...

Wow! So brave to divulge so much of your life, but I love it. It's when I read your posts that I know we are all so much alike. We all do silly things, we all need to constantly feel love and we all, well, live. Right? I think love letters is a great idea. The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman is a great book to find out your love language and perhaps figure out your husbands. There's a quiz in the back of it to find out your particular love "style". You may find it interesting...Check it out at the library- I did.