Monday, January 10, 2011

LOOOOONG Post!

Halloween!!
We receive the Chasing-Fireflies Catolog in the mail-love it! But way too expensive for us..they send out an amazing Halloween costume catalog. All the costumes are elaborate and adorable. I let the kids go through and pick out what they wanted to be..
Hallie picked this:

A southern Belle...

And Owen picked this:

A pirate..

I wasn't about to spend over $100 on each costumes soo..I decided I was going to sew Hallie's costume and come up with a pirate costume for Owen. Wow was I crazy for taking on the task of sewing that southern belle costume. I had no Pattern..it was crazy stressful. I started in August. And finished a week before Halloween. Here is the end product:









We went to 3 different Halloween Parties so Owen was a dragon the first time and a riate the second and third..I made him one but ran out of time and ended up borrowing a cute costume from my friend beth.

Pumpkin Patch






afterwards we painted/carved pumpkins and had mini caramel apples.



Baby Shower

My friend Katie threw me the most adorable Baby shower! She had a hot chocolate bar! SOO Yummy, there were spoons dipped in Chocolate, marshmallows, mints, whipped cream, etc..soooo good! It was so much fun, she did such a great job! Thanks Katie!!



I didn't get any pictures of the people that came :( Or me..I was too busy talking and having fun! Thanks to everyone that came!

Bowling!
We took the kids Bowling for the first time! They LOVED it..Owen still talks about it!




Hallie's 5th Birthday Party!

We had a spa night. I didn't want a lot of fuss so we invited a few of Hallie's friends over and their moms and had a Mom/daughter spa night. I didn't decorate..just got cupcakes and pizza.

The girls came in their pajamas, we put blankets and pillows everywhere, lit lots of candles and gave the girls facials...



Makeup and Nails...


Happy Birthday Hallie...




And Opened presents!



I can't believe my little girls is 5!!!

Donuts with Dad
Chad wasn't here so my Dad took Hallie to Donuts with Dad for school..she loved it!




Audrey's Baby Shower!
My mom and I threw Audrey (my sister in law) a baby shower!




8 comments:

Brittany said...

Wow, that was a long post. Good for you. I'm glad to finally see pictures from Hallie's b-day and showers. You are such a cute mom and always going above and beyond in all these cute activities you put together. I'm so sad I miss out on everything. Is the black jacket w/ white polkadots the one you said was from Momma?

Rebekah Sacran said...

That spa looked like so much fun. I might steal that idea for next year.

Love the coat.

Great job on the costumes.

Dana Scarbrough said...

Whohoo! You had a fun fall too! Thanks for updating!

claireb said...

Is it possible you can share some of your amazing creativity gene with me? Bonny you're incredible! That dress you made Hallie looked exactly like the original. Kudos to you!

Janel said...

Wow...what a great update! I remember when were room mates and I use to say "Bonny can do anything"...so true! Anything you touch turns out great!!! Thanks for the update, I love reading it.

One Happy Family said...

Looks like lots of fun. You did great on the Southern Belle costume. Little Owen didn't look as happy in the dragon costume as much as the pirate one. I need a pirate costume for preschool. Does your friend live close by?

Lindsey said...

I can not believe that you made Hallie's dress! It looks awesome! You are someone who could look at somethin and just make it!

Jenny said...

I love the dress!! You did an AMAZING job! Knox is beautiful! I just want to hold him!!! I miss the little ones. They are so sweet!!
Looks like you have been super busy and handled like a pro!!!