Monday, January 31, 2011

Skipping Christmas

I know I'm supposed to post about Christmas. All the Christmas pictures are on Chad's laptop. And he's not here. So I've been putting off blogging until I see him again. I'm just going to skip over the Christmas post and get to it when I can. I think I've been missing out on a lot of blogging b/c of it. So there, Christmas Post. I'm skipping you. For now.

Knox was a difficult baby the first little while of his life. Wow. But then one day he smiled. And he's been a different baby ever since. Not even joking you. He smiles and coos and lays (or is it lies) there and doesn't cry (unless he's hungry, sleepy or poopy).

He still doesn't sleep well. I am up every 2 hours of the night. Sometimes 3 but that's rare. One time he slept 4 hours straight! I jumped up and said, "IT'S A MIRACLE!" He hasn't done it since. I.AM.TIRED.

Random Memory.

When I was younger a couple in our ward (church) lived a few miles away. THe husband of this couple would ride his bike (barefoot) to come and visit us. He was country, but we loved him. One day he offered to help me fix up a bike. We went to the junk yard and got this really old bike, I picked out the paint color and we sanded and painted that bike. I loved it.

It was very similar to this one, blue paint, banana seat and all.


But then I saw all the other Kid's bikes in the neighborhood. Brand new Huffy walmart bikes. And I was embarrassed of my old 1960's bike. I stopped riding it. It sat in my back yard and I don't really remember what happened to it.

Now, I would give anything to have that bike! How sad that I cared so much what the other kids thought.

I think I'll try to find another one, fix it up and paint it pink.

LOOK LOOK LOOK!!

I found these at Design Mom. but you can find them HERE.

I want a little girl so she can wear these ones. No I want a little girl so she can wear all of them!

We are still trying to sell our house! Pray that it sells. I feel like a single mother and it is not fun. ;)

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Ok, I read it! I can't wait till you can post the Christmas pictures! And, what made you think of that story, that was a very random story. And those are darling shoes! I can't believe how expensive they are though! I bet you could make them though, you can do everything.

Rebekah Sacran said...

Yeah, you could make them.
I loved the bike story. I want a bike like that now.

One Happy Family said...

You have a little girl right? Am I missing something (wink wink). I guess she doesn't seem so small now that Knox is soooo little. She is still pretty darn cute though. After she went to school with us the other day I thought I might need to borrow her and have a girl day. I dressed up the other night (for my boys) in my old prom dresses and bride's maids dresses. They asked me to do it (I promise). I thought Hallie would have had fun doing it with me.