Thursday, August 6, 2009

Too Good to Be True

Or is it "To" Good to be true...I don't know! Someone please tell me and I'll change it...
So July 20 was Owen's first day to go potty in the toilet. I printed off this potty chart the next day and he finished it 2 days ago. I asked him what he wanted if he finished it and he said he wanted to ride on a train. So I'm going to take him to Opry Mills for a mini train ride.


This chart was started 2 days ago!!!! Guess what! He hasn't had an accident ONCE this week, and for most of the week last week he didn't. He only had accidents when we went to visit Mimi. (New toilet, New atmosphere etc.)



I am NOT going to get my hopes up, but I can't help it. He is doing SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better then Hallie ever did. (It took me a YEAR to potty train her...YES A YEAR!!!!)



I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that this keeps going really, really well.

4 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

1. CONGRATS!
2. Good Job Owen!
3. Where did you get the chart?

claireb said...

Still having visions of him peeing on the carpet after you made such a big fuss over him going in the little potty a few weeks ago cracks me up! I'm glad he's doing much better! A year is waaaaay too long.

(p.s. you were correct in your title's spelling)

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Here is the link to the charts I found:
http://images.google.com/images?client=safari&rls=en&q=potty+chart&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=sZV5Sp7IMMKFtgfSh92WCQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4

Claire: I know! A year WAS way to long!! She would go for a week with no accidents, and I would think, okay finally this is it she's potty trained but then the next week she wouldnt go in the toilet at all, she was stubborn and ohhh it was so frustrating!!

One Happy Family said...

WAY TO GO!!!
They are all different. Don't let the first experience scar you. OWEN will keep doing GREAT!