Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Unexpected Visitors

So last night was interesting, to say the least. Chad was away at work and I put the babies down for bed around 7:30, which is earlier then usual but they were both so tired and grouchy (as was I), so Hallie (she will be 3 in Nov) is usually extremely good about going to bed, she might cry a little but most of the time she goes right to sleep. But on this particular night she threw a FIT! She started screaming at the top of her lungs, fell to the floor and started kicking the door. I went up there and put her back in her bed and tried to calm her down, she wanted her daddy and I told her that when he got home that I would send him in to see her, this calmed her down for like 2 minutes. She started screaming again! (when she screams it sounds like someone is being murdered or something). So, I decided that I would let her scream it out, that maybe she would just fall asleep. About 5-10 minutes later I hear this knock on the door, I went to the door and said "Who is it?" No answer. I said it again, "Who is it?" No answer. I just guessed it was some neighborhood kids or something, So I went and sat down on the couch. They knocked again, I went to the door and Yelled "WHO IS IT!?!" No answer. I got mad then and I put the chain on the door, thinking maybe it was Chad or Dallas (my brother) trying to make me mad. They knocked again and finally I opened the chain attached door (after I wrapped Owen's safari sleeping bag around me, I wasn't really dressed appropriately) I peeked through the opening as i stood to the side and guess who was standing on my porch..Two Police Officers!! They asked me what I was doing, as they looked at my safari sleeping bag wrapped around me (Normally, I would have never gone to the door like that, but i thought it was def. Chad or Dallas!) I instantly knew why they were there, and told them that I was trying to get my daughter to bed. They asked if they could come in, I had nothing to hide, so I said hold on, put my robe on, and let them in. I ran upstairs and brought Hallie down, I explained to them that she was having a hard time going to sleep. They looked a little embarrassed and just said that someone had walked by outside and heard her screaming. They left and I went and sat down on the couch and bawled with embarrassment. I was so upset, why couldn't that person who called the cops, just knock on my door and asked what was wrong! I mean COME ON!!!

5 comments:

Rebekah Sacran said...

Oh my word! Obviously it was someone who never had kids. That's one of my worst fears; that our neighbors will call the cops on us b/c of Claire's screaming at bedtime. What a night!

Chad & Bonny Day said...

I know! It is ridiculous!!

The Keeleys said...

That is so funny! I'm glad it hasen't happened to us YET. Well at least you know someone cares enough to call if there is a MURDER.

Jenny said...

Poor Bonny, I am so sorry. Bless you heart! I am sure that made you feel like a good mother! Just know you are!!! Try not to take it personal though. I am sure that person that called had good intentions...although, anoying ones, she thought she was helping by calling.

Joni and John said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry! Whoever called obviously has never had a child! One day that could be me...