Monday, August 4, 2008

Our Little Campout

This past friday we went to Fall Creek Falls for a short camp-out with all my family. We got there and set up Camp. I had asked Chad to make me a foil dinner, I just figured it would be a regular foil dinner, but when I took it out of the fire, guess what was in it, ground turkey meat. Yup, that's it, just ground turkey meat! You might be asking yourself, "Where was the carrots, potatoes and onions?" That's the same question I asked Chad when I saw it. Anyways, we had a little spat right there in front of EVERYONE, they all thought it was pretty funny. Chad had brought some Corn on the cob and he put that into the fire. It totally made up for the foil dinner, it was delicious. Needless to say, We all had such a fun time. Sleeping on the ground wasn't too fun (i didn't get any sleep). We usually always sleep on an air mattress, but couldn't find one before we left. They next day we went to the Water hole and the water falls, we went cliff jumping and slid down the rocks that were shape like a slide. The water was freezing but it felt so good in the hot sun. We came back and had a big barbecue. It was a short camp-out but totally worth it!~Bonny

3 comments:

Rebekah Sacran said...

Sounds like fun! Were you wishing for some kabobs like we used to have?

Chad & Bonny Day said...

OH YES!! I miss those, i don't think i've ever had Kabobs that good since then :(

Joni and John said...

EW plain ground turkey! Sounds alot like something John would do!