Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Resolutions for 2013

Hi all! I've been away for a while, I know! My computer is way too slow, Chad's laptop cord doesn't charge and everytime I get on my blog from my ipad it would shut the internet down. I hate that I haven't been blogging. It was my journal. In fact, I keep a real journal. I used to write in it everyday before I got married. My journal writing has seriously declined over the years, to give you an example, in 2010 there were 56 entries, in 2011 there were 24 entries, in 2012 I wrote in my journal for a grand total of 6 times!! 6 times?!? How depressing. So I'm going to try to blog more this year and write in my journal. Instead of getting on my phone at night to check my fb, instagram or pinterest..I'm going to write! 

Most years I always resolve to lose weight. Sometimes I do, most of the time I don't. Last year though, I decided to take a different approach. I kept a calendar and put an X on the days I had worked out. If there were more Xs then days that were blank, I felt I had accomplished my goal. I did pretty good! I accomplished this goal for 8 months out of the year! This year I hope to get 10 months out of the year. I only lost 8 lbs, but hey, with a thyroid problem and a serious addiction to chocolate, I'd say that's pretty good.

My final goal is to be more involved as a mother. Read to them more, play with them more, put down my phone or Ipad and just watch and listen. Have more conversations, give more hugs and kisses, play more games, teach. I want to be in the moment more, time has flown since Hallie was born and I don't want to miss out.