Friday, July 20, 2012

Auburn? What?

Our family is going through some changes again! This change just kind of fell into our laps, and I feel soo blessed by Heavenly Father!

About 2 months ago, Chad just randomly and curiously looked on Bluefishjobs.com. It's a website that lists pool jobs available in the U.S. He saw a job opening at Auburn University for an Aquatics Director. He read the description and every single thing listed was exactly what he was doing at his current job and it was a pretty significant pay raise. He told me about it and of course, I was really nervous about him applying. I didn't want him to burn any bridges at his current job. Which he absolutely loves, by the way. We prayed about it and decided to apply.

About two weeks later he got a call asking for an interview. Of course we were thrilled, we even went out and bought him a new suit. He went to the interview and they told him that they only wanted the best in the nation working for them and out of the 200 applicants they felt he was definitely considered one of the best in the nation. At one point, the interviewer was asking him questions and looking at his resume. She set her papers down, looked and Chad and said, "Chad, it was like we wrote this job description for you! What is your number? What would it take for us to get you to come to Auburn and work for us?" When he told me that, I was sure he would get the job. They still had 2 other people to interview, so we were nervous that they might like the other two candidates better. A few weeks later, we got the call, he got the job!!

So we are moving to Auburn, AL. I never thought I'd live in AL. It seems so surreal to me.

Remember a few years ago, when we were going through such a hard time with Chad not finding a job. I remember many nights praying to God asking, begging him to tell me why we were going through this. I feel like we received that answer. If Chad hadn't gotten the job at Columbus State University, he wouldn't have been qualified for the job at Auburn. Everything he was able to list on his resume was from working there. It was like he was preparing Chad for this job.

We found a house that we really like in Auburn. We went ahead and got it, but we are hoping our house here in Columbus will rent quickly. Please pray that it does, otherwise we will be paying for two rental homes.

5 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

YAY! I'm so glad that you found a house! Excited for the plan God has for ya'lls life!

benjaminnleslie said...

how exciting!! I'm so happy for you guys and will be praying that your rental will rent out quickly!

Brittany said...

I still need to see pics of this house!

Janel said...

wow, sounds like a great opportunity! I am with Brittany I want to see pictures. Good luck with the move!

Karie said...

We are all curious about the new house. We love checking out everyone's new home since we don't get to come visit, we want to know where you are. So glad you are seeing the blessings as they have transpired over the last year or more. This experience is faith-building and will get you through the next hard challenge (they never stop coming) :) Best wishes. As you have been blessed, you will continue to be blessed I'm certain of it. Love ya!