Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas Parties and Teacher Gifts!!

Hallie and Owen were soo excited about their Christmas Parties this year!
 

I feel bad because I only got one picture of Hallie! It was an extremely hectic day for me, traveling back and forth between two classes with Knox. I will never do that again. haha..
  


This is Owen's best friend from church. We were so excited when we found out that they were going to be in the same Pre-K class. (The next 4 pictures were taken by my friend, Meghan)


They LOVED their parties!!!

Hallie and Owen both have 2 teachers in their classes and with a limited budget, finding cute gifts for teachers can get pricey. A few years ago I did that crafty pay it forward post and this is the gift that I received from my friend, Joanna Humphries. I sure hope she doesn't mind that I copied ;) I thought it was so darn cute and I had most of the items anyways, so it ended up costing me about $2 per teacher -which is great!!

Carameled Popcorn Bowls

I bought four $1 bowls from Walmart and wrote the teacher's last name on the bowl with a paint marker. 

I just added popcorn, brown sugar, marshmallows, and butter, put them into clear gift bags and tied them with ribbon that I already had on hand.




I then wrapped the bowls in cellophane bags..you can get 2 for a $1 at the Dollar Tree. Don't bother going anywhere else for these..trust me. Walmart and Target did not have them and they were pretty pricey at the Party City. Tie it up with a ribbon and include the recipe.


It is some pretty yummy stuff so beware!



I have two more posts below. I just posted pictures in each post. I am soo far behind as usual. 

4 comments:

Joni and John said...

I LOVE that gift idea for teachers! You are so creative- I think I'm going to have to steal that idea for next year!

benjaminnleslie said...

I love that idea too! ..and I want to try that recipe-sounds delicious!

Brittany said...

Hallie and Owie looked so cute at their parties!! Loved how the teacher gifts turned out. Nice job. Oh, and so funny how Owie and his friend hold hands, haha. Great update. Maybe you can go back and add some explanations to the family pictures below? I want to feel like I was there!!

One Happy Family said...

What a great idea! I'm sure we'll all copy this idea next year. :)