Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Coupons

So I've decided to become a "couponer" egh..scary right? I've seen a few of you post pics of like a 100 items you got for $7.99 or whatever and I'm not going to lie, I was impressed. But I just never felt like I should jump on the coupon wagon and I'll tell you why. The only time I ever used coupons, was for stuff I didn't really need. It was really cool stuff and I got great deals on it, but I would just end up spending money on items I wouldn't normally buy.

I have not not yet been converted to this new coupon idea. BUT I went to this coupon seminar and she taught us all about couponing. She used to spend $400 dollars/month on groceries (that includes toiletries, cleaning supplies, medicine, etc.) now she only spends $120/month. That's when I knew I needed to try this out. It would be soo nice to cut back on our grocery bill.

So..do any of you use coupons? Do you have any suggestions or advice? Have you tried this in the past and decided to stop? If so why?

So..here is my coupon picture, my first ever.. (Christmas present for Owen)

I got this bad boy for


FREE

Yeahh...


I know, I know, it's not much but maybe one day I'll have one of those pics with my 1100 items that I only spent like $5 on.

Until then..I'll let you know how it goes.

If you want to know how I got it for free go HERE.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

So now that we are back out on out own I have been starting to use coupons. I am not exactly sure how it works. I have been readings some coupons blogs. I don't think ill do it to the extreme but i would love to save some money:)

Rebekah Sacran said...

Pick one store to learn from. Kroger and CVS are the best. Read up on the week's deals at www.moneysavingmom.com amd www.southernsavers.com. You can do it!