Friday, July 1, 2011

Our House: The Inside

I love little details and extras that older homes have. For example, every single doorway in my house has a door. We have 16 doors in our house and that doesn't include closet doors.

I love the tiny door knobs and the key holes...


Some sort of message table built into the wall, this is where the phone hookups used to be.

All the Built ins!!!

That up there is in my Living room:
(I haven't finished decorating yet)

My favorite room in the house! The Dining Room
(You like my new table? Chad and I got it at a furniture store that was going out of business..It was originally $1000 just for the table..I talked them down to $400 for the table and chairs, it's solid maple or oak--can't remember!)


Including french doors:

A gun case?


Vintage Wall Heaters

These were probably put in in the 70's--I'm guessing..Medicine Cabinets!

While I love the little extras that come with older homes, there are a few details I am NOT very fond of.

Lovely.
I'm guessing the pink and maroon tiles were put in at the same time as the medicine cabinets.

And...perhaps this "gorgeous" ceiling fan??

And this is the only place I can plug my straightener/blowdryer in my bathroom..oh wait, NO--I can't because it doesn't fit!

I miss my old bathroom...

The sink is kinda cool though..

Next up my oh soo..lovely..err..umm..Kitchen..and the Play Room...HALELUJAH!!! And a few other extras..

4 comments:

Rebekah Sacran said...

Love that celing fan. :)
Seriously though, I love the doors and knobs.

Brittany said...

Love your house. I don't remember seeing that gun case! cool. And I love all the Spring pictures. That would've been fun to visit you while everyone was there :( Miss you! (Oh Connor is freaking out right now seeing your kids pictures! He keeps yelling there names over and over again until I respond, only to continue to yell them again a few seconds later haha).

claireb said...

So since this is a rental (it's a rental, right?) you're not able to do any bathroom remodeling, or ceiling fan removals are you?

Brook and Jason :) said...

how fun! what a cute house! hope you are adjusting well to the big move!