Sunday, December 13, 2009

Another Job Update

Chad just got accepted to the Public Administration Masters Program at TSU!!! He starts in January! Finally, some good news!!

We had been waiting to hear back from the YMCA in Cookeville, for the Aquatics Director position. They told him they couldn't afford him and they wanted to hire from within.

We are still waiting to hear back from Vanderbilt. He called the other day and they said that they had received his resume and that he should be getting a call soon. Keep your fingers crossed for this one!

Chad has been thinking about joining the Air Force. He has already lost 20lbs in 3 weeks. (yah..I know, it makes me sick, it took me 4 months to lose 12 lbs) We are going to talk to a recruiter about this in January. I am against it, but there are some pros, schooling is paid for, stipends, early retirement etc. I'm not sure if that is what I want for our little family though, we shall see..any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Everytime someone asks Chad what he wants for Christmas, he says, "A job." It's all he really thinks about. He is stressed to the max, but I still know the Lord has something great in store for us. Keep us in your prayers and hopefully, we will hear something soon!!!!!!

4 comments:

Dana Scarbrough said...

If the military is the way, then the Lord will provide. Be warned though, it is a HARD HARD way to go- even with all the perks.

Rebekah Sacran said...

That would be a really hard choice to make. I'll be praying for you.

Is Monday night after Christmas going to be ok?

Trisha said...

Have him talk to Jimmy. I know for me, when he re-enlisted, I had to have a Definite confirmation from the Lord. I knew 100% that it was the right decision, but it took me 4 years to come to that. There's a few of us in your situation, so if you have any questions, ask away! :0) Good luck and Happy Holidays!

Lindsay said...

I agree that the military is a hard life! Air force? If you are going to join it should be the Navy of course! Talk to Den about it but hopefully he will just find a job soon.

Lindsay