Monday, December 14, 2009

Deck the Halls

We decorated our Christmas tree a week before Thanksgiving. Chad couldn't wait. He gets so excited for Christmas, so do I, but he, well....for example our first Christmas he woke me up at 3am to open presents..we didn't get up until 4am. HE just gets WAYYY excited. It's so fun and so cute, he's like a little Kid.

Every year I get the kids a Christmas ornament. (That way, when they leave home they will have some ornaments to take with them to decorate their own Christmas tree someday) I wrap them and we open them the night we decorate the Christmas tree. Chad and I also buy ornaments for each other. I always write their name and year on the ornament. It's a fun tradition.

Here is Hallie and Owen with their Ornaments.

Hallie loves anything girlie, so I thought she would love this little Ballerina.


Owen is really into trains so we got him a cute little train ornament.


I got Chad a John Deere Tractor, well..b/c he LOVES John Deere.


This is what Chad got me...Perfect right?


Decorating the Christmas Tree




The finished Tree!


Hallie broke our little Dollar Tree star again this year..lol..so finally Chad decided it was time to get a new star..YIPEEEEEE!!! We didn't put the Star on until after Thanksgiving, here it is:

2 comments:

Laura said...

how cute with the ornaments! i love your ornament. i just love ornaments in general! i still have ornaments that jarom made when he was little. i try to buy an ornament for all the places i've traveled to or vacations. now even, my friends by me ornaments when they travel. The boys love it because when we decorate we have a little story for every ornament. ah, i just love Christmas trees. yours is beautiful!

Brittany said...

Your tree turned out great! I love the balls and the ornaments you got the kids. The one Chad got you really is perfect! Can't wait to see it in person!