Monday, October 6, 2014

My Wonderful Morning....

After a night of hardly any sleep, because of a teething almost one year old. I got a 5:30 am wake up call, from my sweet children asking if they could have a brownie. Um, no. GO.BACK.TO.BED! I spend the morning getting my kids breakfast and trying to pick up while Finn cries at my feet. I take a shower. I'm exhausted. 9:30 rolls around, Finn's nap time. Hallelujah. I quickly change his diaper, put Curious George on for Knox and decide to take a quick power nap. I'm lying in bed and I smell poop. Poop? Where is it coming from!?! I sniff my hands. No. I sniff my shirt, my blanket, my bed, I rub my face to see if it is on there, I run my fingers through my hair to...oh...NOO!! (insert Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho stabbing music here, wraaa, wraaa, wraaa, wraaa)

Why yes, that is a turd stuck in my hair. How it got there? I don't know!! Maybe Finn pulled it out of his diaper, maybe it rolled out while I was changing him, maybe Knox thought it would be funny to throw a piece of poop into my bed. I DON'T KNOW! Does it surprise me that a piece of poop was stuck in my hair, no. Does it gross me out. Yes. I took another shower. After taking a picture and before blogging about this. 

I'm going to go get a brownie. 

Meanwhile...Finn is still screaming in his crib. 

Sigh. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just died. This picture is worth a bajillion words. Mostly cuss words ;) being a mom is the worst job ever sometimes. This is also why I never wear my hair down, ever. I might as well have a pixie cut.

benjaminnleslie said...

Lol!!!!!!! Oh my goodness! What an awful night/morning! But the picture and story are priceless...you'll get to have a good laugh about it for years to come. Oh the adventures of motherhood! haha!