Thursday, January 8, 2009

Changes...and blessings!

So I know I've told a few of you that Chad got demoted at work. They told him a week before Christmas. He received a pay cut as well. I'm sure a lot of you have been prey to office politics. I won't go into detail, but Chad was accused of things he didn't do just because the bosses had some budget cuts and they were looking for anything to cut his pay. It has been a hard couple of weeks! Very stressful. Chad has been looking for a new job/career. He is going to go back to school (we were planning to do that anyways). Anyways, if you could, please pray for us! For those of you who are confused about the whole law school thing, haha, well he decided not to become a lawyer about 4 months ago. He decided he didn't like it first of all, and that he wanted to be home more with the family. (I was so glad) So the plan now is to get his MBA and find a new job! Its funny how things work out right? Even though all this has happened, I feel so blessed! First of all I was blessed with a husband, who doesn't spend money, doesn't believe in debt, and saves every cent, which is good because I LOVE to spend money haha. We balance each other out. So, this really helps b/c we have savings and no debt! Also, there are little things in life, that I feel like the Lord just reaches down and helps us out. I'll just mention a few of them, you might not think its a big deal, but to me I feel just so grateful. This all happened within a few days.

1. So, I started taking a spin class at the Y, Lauralynn talked me into it, I was terrified at first but ended up really liking it. Only one problem, the seats really hurt, ( I will not mention where) I can handle it on Monday, but the next class on wed, I'm so sore I can barely sit. So I started looking into buying one of those gel seat covers. They were about $20 but we really don't have the money for it right now, I mentioned that I was looking into buying one to Lauralynn and she said oh, I have one I will give you! So sweet of her!

2. So I really, really need my haircut and highlighted! Like that's going to happen. haha..I ended up getting a free haircut and style in the mail from Macy's because we just moved into our house, and then Lauralynn mentioned that she has a friend who will highlight your roots for $15!

3. Someone finally bought our portable fireplace for $480 off of craigslist!! :) We put it up like 2 months ago, I just reposted it. If someone had bought it before the demotion, we would have bought a new tv. Good thing they didn't, we need that money for other things now!

4. So, a couple of days ago, I went to see Chad at work. I wanted to get all snazzed up (hehe) for him so I straightened my hair. I haven't done this in a while, b/c I don't like doing it unless i have the protectant spray for heat, and straighteners b/c my hair gets bad split ends and gets really dried out if I don't. I went to drop the kids off at my Mom's and Camilla said my hair looked different, I told her what I mentioned above, and she said, oh I need to spray my hair but never do, and she said I have some, you can have it! Ahe gave me this really nice spray from a salon!!

Anyways, Like I said, might not seem like a big deal, but it was crazy how all this happened within the matter of a few days. I just feel so grateful for the little things, they add up, ya know? Even without these little blessings, God has blessed us so much. We are all healthy, we have a beautiful home, and Chad still has a job, which is wonderful! We also have really supportive families who will help out if we really need it. They have all really helped out so much! Thank you!!

6 comments:

Rebekah Sacran said...

Oh Bonny! I can totally see how those things meant a lot. I love how God provides even in the smallest things. I wish we lived closer together. We could "beat debt" together. I'm having fun learning all the different ways to save. Using coupons to the max is my latest adventure. It is something that takes a lot more work and practice than you would think. Maybe we can email each other our tips. Jason and I are DETERMINED not to go into debt for his master's so we have come up with this creative way of funding that has worked so far. And I think if we are good stewards of our money God will continue to provide.

Brittany said...

I still can't believe you've been provided for in those little, but fun, ways. You're so lucky, and really being watched out for.

One Happy Family said...

Ahhh...changes. How they are sooo hard, yet so wonderful!

Bonny-I know Heavenly Father is pleased with you for recognizing these gifts & blessings.
I know Lauralynn has esp. enjoyed hanging out with you more. It's good to have friends who are genuinely caring and compassionate.

I'm continually amazed at how the Lord works. How these tough times make us so much stronger. We will definitely keep you in our prayers.
While things are tough for so many of us, it's important to remember how much we do have. How the material things of the world really don't matter. I struggle with this a lot, but it's still important for me to remind myself.
Continue to be faithful and you will be blessed.

Chad & Bonny Day said...

Thank you so much For the comments!Ya'll are so sweet! Rebekah, we can def. do emails. I'd like to hear your tips for saving for his schooling (we are going to have to do that too).

Diane said...

Hi Bonny! It's good to see what your family is up to! You have such a cute little family! I'm sorry about the hard times right now. We'll remember you in our prayers.

Jenny said...

What great blessings! I think the little blessings are the best!!

I know in my life all the harder times have brought Matthew and I closer. We grow closer in those times, together and in the gospel. They are great experiences and I won't trade them for anything.

Hang in there! My heart aches for you. It is such a difficult time for jobs...